Dating is a search for a prospective partner, and it can be overwhelming at times. It can be difficult to find a person that clicks with you. You may want to seek someone who is similar to you. But what happens when you are an extrovert dating an introvert or vice-versa? If you don’t see the intricacies of each other then there can be clashes. So, can an introvert date an extrovert? Extroverts and introverts can create a good balance, necessary for a relationship. The following are some tips on how to date an introvert.
- Short Outings – Keep your outings together short. Give a chance for an easy out before going on about your date. This is one of the best tips to date an introvert. So, for example, if you have just had dinner, you can ask if they want to go bowling or catch a movie. It is necessary to give your interest some space even if you want to spend all day with them. As it can be taxing for an introvert to share their alone time. If they don’t want to go out with you, don’t feel rejected. They are simply recharging. This is the best tip on how to date an introvert man or woman.
- Unexpected questions – Don’t try to make small talk with an introvert. They don’t have the patience for this and cannot stand predictable conversations. Ask them some interesting questions like “Their best childhood memory” Introverts are quite thoughtful, and they will be engaged if the conversation makes them think. It’s ok to be silent for a while as introverts like it.
- Low key dates – Plan interesting and low-key dates. This is the best date for an introvert. You don’t have to be extravagant and simple outings will be appreciated. Coffee in a low-key café, nature walks, or a trip to the museum will be loved. Introverts tend to be creative so anything like making brownies from scratch or painting ceramics will be loved by your introvert partner.
- Balance – You must try to balance solitude with socializing. Introverts aren’t anti-social but they also need solitude. This is one of the biggest challenges that an extrovert-introvert couple can face. One partner loves socializing and the other prefers solitude. Introverts need time to recharge alone. So, if they work a job that requires constant interaction, they may not want to go out with you all the time.
- Considerate activities – Take up activities that are considerate of the introvert partner’s interests. Introverts are good listeners and very good at giving sincere advice. This is evident in smaller gatherings. Hence if you plan small gatherings it will be much appreciated.
- No judgment – Don’t judge introverts because they are different from you. Instead, try to appreciate what they are and what they can offer. Introverts can ground extroverts, help soothe them and increase introspection. With an introvert, you can try new experiences.
- Support – Being an extrovert means being around people will recharge you. However, introverts are the opposite. Be understanding of them and give them sufficient space. But remind them that you will be always there for them.
- Respect in preferences – Respect an introvert person’s preferences. Give them time and give them an out if they don’t want to attend a social gathering. Let them recharge and do things their own way. This is a good way to date an introvert.
- Comfort in silence – Don’t be afraid of their silence, take comfort in them. Their silences are not rejection or the fact that they don’t have anything to say. It’s just that silence is natural to them and it’s a relaxing thing.
The more genuine you are the more they are comfortable. Compromise and take steps to see the positives in them. Opposites attract and this is the best way on how to date an introvert girl or boy.